Career options in motor(bike/car) racing as driver

A forum set up to discuss Motosports and the potential future of Indian drivers in the big leagues

Moderator: Moderators

bose_sabbani
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by bose_sabbani »

Hi, This is Subhash here and this is my first posting here. Can you please guide me with the career options that we have in India as a driver in motor racing(car/bike). I am pretty serious about it, please help me out. I stay in Hyderabad(AP).

Thank you

Subhash
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Welcome to the forum Subhash ... Its dificult to say career options for Motor Racing Driving in India ... U should affiliated to one of Motor Racing Organisation and through them u will get require break.

Check this couple of UK and Canada basesd site for different career options ...

http://www.motor-sport.uk.com/

http://www.khake.com/page12.html

Hopefully u get some information from these links.

Jaydeep.
bose_sabbani

Post by bose_sabbani »

Hi Jaydeep, Thanks for the warm welcome. Also thank you for the info you have provided, please keep updating with any other information that you/everyone in this forum, can provide me.

thanks once again

Subhash
david

Post by david »

Welcome to the Forum.

How old are you and what exactly you want to do? racing? rallying? karting? biking?
shettysunil

Post by shettysunil »

Hey Subhash,

Check out www.mai.co.in

What is the Rally Star Cup?

The rally Star Cup, or RSC for short, is a special Cup for Novice drivers that runs as part of the MAI Indian National Rally Championship. This 'one make series' allows drivers to compete with each other in cars that have been equally tuned and equipped with controlled components, be it tyres or suspension.

The Cup cars are all rally prepared Maruti Esteems, carburetted, group N (unmodified) and comply with the Technical Specifications laid out especially for the Rally Star Cup. These cars are also available on rent from some of the best tuners in this country making the competition very exciting.

How do you rent a Rally Star Cup car?

The rental charge for a car per rally is Rs.50,000/-, and includes all of the following:
- Rally Prepared Maruti Esteem
- Rally Cover insurance for the car
- Transport of the car to and from the venue
- Fuel for the event
- Complete service backup during the event
- 5 Rally Tyres
- 1 set of OE suspension

If a driver wants to run on Koni dampers (as per RSC Technical regulations), it will be his responsibility to source and purchase this suspension. In this case, the cost for the rental will be reduced to Rs.45,000/-.

The cars are prepared by 2 of the countries best tuners - Chettinad Sporting and J. Anand. Please note that the number of cars available for rent are limited, hence book early to avoid disappointment.

In the event of an accident where you damage the car, the vehicle Comprehensive insurance will cover damage costs. None the less, you may have to pay a damage charge of upto Rs.15,000/- towards any additional costs like towing, trucking, etc. This damage charge must be paid before the finish of the rally.

Benefits of the Rally Star Cup and Renting a Car.

As a Rally Star Cup participant, you compete with other novice drivers and drivers of similar skill level as yourself and not the professional drivers competing in the 1600cc and 1400cc class with more expensive and faster machinery, and who have been rallying for years. Also, for 2004, you have the added benefit of scoring points for the overall INRC as well.

Renting a car is the ideal way for a newcomer to enter the sport, as it entails minimum investment on the part of the driver, as everything from the preparation of the car, transport or the car, service backup and tyres is all taken care off. All you have to do is concentrate on your driving! The benefits of renting a RC car have been covered above already.

Drivers entering their own car in the RSC will be provided with a set of MRF Rally Tyres free of cost on the following conditions:
- Application for tyres is received by the MAI a minimum of 2 weeks before an event
- Tyres are returned to MRF immediately after the completion of the event.
- Application is sent along with a Cheque of Rs.30,000/- will be held by the IARC WITHOUT being deposited. If the tyres are not returned to MRF, the cheque will be deposited and the money forfeited. If the tyres are returned in time, the cheque will be returned to the driver without being deposited.
- If an application is received late, tyres may not be available.
- If an application is received without the cheque, it is considered incomplete and tyres will not be allotted.

In addition, The Champion - Rally Star Cup for 2004 will receive a Maruti 800 as the overall prize!

Good Luck...Shetty
Karun Chandhok

Post by Karun Chandhok »

Dear subash / everyone else,

Just saw your messages on this thread so thought i'll drop you a line.

The options in motorsport are ever expanding. With the National Karting and the Rotax max karting taking off in the country this is a great start to a career in racing. The formula maruti championship is quite strong with large grids in cars that are fairly identical and is a great training ground used by several people in the past including narain and myself before moving on to bigger and better things.

The down side is that the sport is an expensive one but today with the ladder established in karting and racing by JK Tyre, a lot of the drivers get subsidised drives in the formula maruti season.

good luck !!

Karun.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Subhash please follow suggstions from the Champion himself ... Karun is the right person to guide u from his own experiances.

Jaydeep.
kennt
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Career options in motor(bike/car) racing as driver

Post by kennt »

Hey Shetty, that's a very detailed explanation, great! It seems costly to have a career in car racing, but it's worth it i guess :cool:
shettysunil wrote:Hey Subhash,

Check out http://www.mai.co.in

What is the Rally Star Cup?

How do you rent a Rally Star Cup car?
The rental charge for a car per rally is Rs.50,000/-, and includes all of the following:
- Rally Prepared Maruti Esteem
- Rally Cover insurance for the car
- Transport of the car to and from the venue
- Fuel for the event
- Complete service backup during the event
- 5 Rally Tyres
- 1 set of OE suspension

Shetty
vaibhav
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Career options in motor(bike/car) racing as driver

Post by vaibhav »

hello
i am vaibhav plz suggest me what are the minimum requirement that i have to fulfill for car racing