Golfer’s APP… What do you think?

This is the forum for general golf info and queries and comments.

Moderator: Moderators

hbaker
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Golfer’s APP… What do you think?

Post by hbaker »

Hey, I have started creating a Golfer’s App (not a game) for mobile devices and just wanted to see what you all think, after all it is for you guys!!

It’s designed to let any user read or post reviews about:
  • Golf Courses and Driving Ranges
  • Stores
  • Golfing Equipment, and
  • Tournaments
You will be able to “tag” the golf course / store location etc. you are at and then give it a rating (i.e. 5 stars), write a review and also if it is a course you can give it a difficulty rating so others know how hard the course is.

I have also put a map function in where you can see all the courses, golf stores etc. close to your location then you just click on the pin and it will show you the overall rating, latest reviews etc.

I’m currently trying to incorporate a function where you can add your own event, say when and where the event will happen and allow for contact information to be added for other people to see then they can register for the event. So you could set up a game with people of similar handicap or form a group to go to a tournament to spectate together…

Well, I’d be real interested in what you all think… any advice and ideas for improvement or additional features would be greatly appreciated and hopefully I can get it up and running soon!!
signhplaya
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Golfer’s APP… What do you think?

Post by signhplaya »

hbaker wrote:Hey, I have started creating a Golfer’s App (not a game) for mobile devices and just wanted to see what you all think, after all it is for you guys!!

It’s designed to let any user read or post reviews about:
  • Golf Courses and Driving Ranges
  • Stores
  • Golfing Equipment, and
  • Tournaments
You will be able to “tag” the golf course/ store location etc. you are at and then give it a rating (i.e. 5 stars), write a review and also if it is a course you can give it a difficulty rating so others know how hard the course is.

I have also put a map function in where you can see all the courses, golf stores etc. close to your location then you just click on the pin and it will show you the overall rating, latest reviews etc.

I’m currently trying to incorporate a function where you can add your own event, say when and where the event will happen and allow for contact information to be added for other people to see then they can register for the event. So you could set up a game with people of similar handicap or form a group to go to a tournament to spectate together…

Well, I’d be real interested in what you all think… any advice and ideas for improvement or additional features would be greatly appreciated and hopefully I can get it up and running soon!!
So basically, its an updater app for hardcore golfers.
Pretty useful, and not for the casual players.