3 Tips on improving your Golf swing

This is the forum for general golf info and queries and comments.

Moderator: Moderators

progolfer423
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

3 Tips on improving your Golf swing

Post by progolfer423 »

Hey guys I'm new here so I thought I would give some tips on improving your golf swing. You have to give to receive right? :) But if you guys have any pointers then feel free to post them below :)

1. When I first started learning how to play Golf I thought that the power came from your arms (though it does) and not from your legs. So I kept dropping my shoulder because I put so much power in my arms. Ofcourse you seasoned golfers know that this makes your hips sway and cause horrible slices or hooks. Imagine a basketball is between your knee's and you have to keep it in one place :)

2. Not taking your time. When I first started I got really antsy so I would swing too quickly and lose my rhythm. I suggest that you make a conscience effort to slightly pause at the top of your backswing :)

3. Watch your Swing. Has anybody played Virtual Golf, or Indoor Golf. It actually records your swing so you can see what you are doing wrong. But if you don't have something like that there is an iPhone app called SpeedUpTV which allows you to record your swing and then zoom up, and slow down so you can accurately see any faults that you might have.

Any other tips?
Holly3

Re: 3 Tips on improving your Golf swing

Post by Holly3 »

Thanks for the tips. I will give also to receive. I have also found that the arch of the swing should be less steep than the typical golfer. Make a conscious effort to swing the club way out from your body. It will feel awkward but it is recommended by most pros.
gulit.golfer

Post by gulit.golfer »

progolfer423 wrote:Has anybody played Virtual Golf, or Indoor Golf. It actually records your swing so you can see what you are doing wrong. But if you don't have something like that there is an iPhone app called SpeedUpTV which allows you to record your swing and then zoom up, and slow down so you can accurately see any faults that you might have.
Any other tips?
I have played on bogolf golf simulator and it does record swing and so that we can see exactly what we are doing wrong. In my opinion it does not matter how hard you hit. I was swinging the club with all the power but could not go above 100m. After a trainer guided me to the correct way i.e to relax the arms and try to hit freely, I can easily go above 200 with just casual shots. The proper impact of club head and ball makes the difference.
thapar_says

Post by thapar_says »

I agree about relaxing the arms as much as possible and remain focused. My two cents.