Golf Contest 2008 - Kick off with Masters?

This is the forum for general golf info and queries and comments.

Moderator: Moderators

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Golf Contest 2008 - Kick off with Masters?

Post by jaydeep »

Kumar, somehow I m not able to generate this week's list as per ranking ... :(

Ajay, can u check?

Jaydeep.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Does this mean that this year's contest will be confined mainly to the Majors? It certainly looks that way...
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

The golf contest need volunteers to run it. Since it is difficult to run a tournament week after week, I propose that if some volunteers raise their hand and take responsibility of running 4 tournaments each, it is possible to have some consistent run. I'm ready to volunteer 4 tournaments. Other volunteers please put your name here. 
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Ok, Ajay, I volunteer for four tournaments as well -- assuming there is a fairly simple spreadsheet that enables one to update the scoring sheet. I still have very little idea how the current complicated scoring system for our contest works!
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

Ever since the sudden demise of Bsharma, I was contemplating to re-start the golf contest (the game he loved the most). It looks like the trust which we thought of starting in his name will take some more time to materialize, so why not re-start the golf contest in his memory. Shall we start it again and name the contest after him? I will run the contest if we have enough participants. All those who are interested in taking part, please post your replies here. Probably we can start the contest from next week.

PS : Ajay, do you still have the excel sheet to run the contest. I have one which you emailed me 2 years back but it doesn't seem to work anymore.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Count me in ... Will do anything in memory of Doc uncle.

Jaydeep
ajay
Moderators
Moderators

Post by ajay »

Sandeep wrote:Ever since the sudden demise of Bsharma, I was contemplating to re-start the golf contest (the game he loved the most). It looks like the trust which we thought of starting in his name will take some more time to materialize, so why not re-start the golf contest in his memory. Shall we start it again and name the contest after him? I will run the contest if we have enough participants. All those who are interested in taking part, please post your replies here. Probably we can start the contest from next week.

PS : Ajay, do you still have the excel sheet to run the contest. I have one which you emailed me 2 years back but it doesn't seem to work anymore.
Excellent idea! I've missed the contest and I'd luv if we can restart. I'll have the same old excel file. I'll have to see if it works or not. If it dosen't, I promise that I'll spend some time on it and make it work once again. Obviously, it'll take some time. It'll be nice if we can start the contest this week with US Open. However, in absence of working excel file, probably, the first contest have to be done manually.
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Sandeep »

Ajay, this week's US Open might be a bit difficult as I am travelling. From next I will do it for sure, even if it means entering manually. Having a programmed excel would make things a lot easier. In the mean time I am contacting some of my friends working in software industry (I am not a computer engineer) to see if they can write a program in excel to run the contest.

Also, without the excel it is impossible to post the field with red and green group restrictions as we have to manually enter the rankings and post the players in order.
digitals2_t2

Post by digitals2_t2 »

Thanks For Sharing with Me :) :bounce:
Good Post & Suggestion