Suggestions for Golf Contest 2007

This is the forum for general golf info and queries and comments.

Moderator: Moderators

Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Suggestions for Golf Contest 2007

Post by Dhruv »

Hmm what problems....
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Dhruv wrote: Hmm what problems....
hey,

thanks Dhruv for asking...

I initially had a excel file that would automatically publish every time it is saved. The publish will happen to ftp.sports-india.com. Today it stopped working about 3 hours back.

I thought it was problem with that excel file and created a new one from scratch. That new one also ran into problems....

Then I tried saving webpage locally (C drive) and then copying it over to ftp.sports-india by doing a folder to folder copy. 

Of late, even that has stopped working! It simply says copying (on a pop-up window), with the paper icon flowing from left to right, but won't actually do it!! :(

Right now, just waiting for the popup to quit (clicking on "X" won't help either)..

-kujo

ps: at one point, I thought it might be space problems, and removed all old files from the ftp site. it didn't help...
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Update:

I just tried copying from local folder to FTP site and it worked. But this is a manual thing and not a good one to follow...

When I tried publishing ( to the FTP site) through Excel spreadsheet, it failed again (just now). It showed the sandclock and nothing happened, I basically have to end the program after some time....

-kujo
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

try again
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Tried again to publish and this is the message I got from excel (after 10 minutes of blank white screen!):

'ftp://ftp.sports-india.com/Results.htm' cannot beaccessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding.

-kujo
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

It is most likely file permissions that have screwed up somewhere along the line.  Toast the entire directory via FTP and then start form scratch.  Check the passwords and other such stupid things as well.
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Dhruv wrote: Toast the entire directory via FTP and then start form scratch.  Check the passwords and other such stupid things as well.
I have done that and the page is slowly coming back to normal. I am able to publish the webpage once every 7 minutes or so.

Thanks!
-kujo
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

Ajay,

I have added the live score for sure, this time!! Please check. :) 

And the page is working fine as of now. Actual score updates from PGA site happen every 10 minutes.  The webpage itself is published every 7 minutes to the sports-india website.

On average you can see the latest scores every 9 minutes or so. Worst case wait time would be 17 minutes before you see the latest scores.

cheers,
-kujo
ajay
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by ajay »

Thanks Kujo. I think the results page becomes much more interesting with this addition. It has now everything what you need to track to find out who is doing how. Great job!
kujo
Authors
Authors

Post by kujo »

ajay wrote: Thanks Kujo. I think the results page becomes much more interesting with this addition. It has now everything what you need to track to find out who is doing how. Great job!
Thanks Ajay. But I have some bad news! :(

The website I am trying to maintain was a constant trouble today. I had to manually update that page every 15 minutes or so. FTP ing a page is not working properly. So, I can't guarantee anything for the weekend. 

I will post the points at end of the day for sure....

cheers
-kujo
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Kujo, we r really appreciating work which u r doing ... Simply amazing work, yaar.

Jaydeep.
suresh

Post by suresh »

Kujo,

I am really enjoying your live updating of the golf contest scores though it happens mostly when I am asleep.

Suresh