Valancia Six Nation Cup, Spain

A forum to discuss Indian hockey and the disarray it is in despite the promising new professional PHL series.

Moderator: Moderators

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Valancia Six Nation Cup, Spain

Post by sameerph »

We drew with Argentina 3-3. I watched only the second half. We were down 1-3 at half time which means we must have played bad. Even at the start of second half we were not so good and it looked like Argentina would win easily. But, last quarter we pressed really hard and got 2 goals . I don't why we cannot play like that all the time.

Still, in the end a decent result against a team to which we have more losses in recent times.

The umpires were awful. We should have got 1-2 more PC's in the last quarter and they almost denied us our third goal.
ssp

Post by ssp »

Were those umpires for real?? Utterly disgraceful decisions....missing obvious PCs or possibly a stroke for us and then carding our players. Oltmans can heard venting his anger at the nonsense from both umpires.

So overall, decent performance, but we are still gifting away easy goals in almost every match (3rd Argentinian goal was due to Rupinder's awful basic trapping) and making too many silly errors. At least we didn't lose to Argentina as usual. I think we looked better because Sardar and Rupinder played in their best positions, although the latter had a poor game. I feel with the right players we could be winning games like this.

Argentina's best weapon were both idiot umpires!! I hope these 2 aren't in Rio.... :damn:
ssp

Post by ssp »

1-1 v Spain a half time. Spain playing fairly well, while we are making really silly, unforced errors all over the pitch. Simple passes are mis trapped and easy passes are proving beyond a few of or players. We are back to our 'one mistake per minute' style. I'm suspect about 20% of our attacks break down because of this lack of basic skills.

Needless to say, Danish, Uthappa and Akashdeep have been at their 'best'....Every single time these guys lose possession. Talwinder is not on the pitch as much because Sardar is being tried out as an attacker. At the back, Rupinder Pal looks slow and clumsy and Raghunath wants to dribble when a pass is a safer bet. The structure is good though, and that alone is making preventing easy entries into our circle.

Still no Harmanpreet or Manpreet, but Harjeet is getting some pitch time.

1-1 after 3rd quarter. We have had more chances, but fairly flat, even game. More mistakes from our side and we are sometimes exceeding a mistake a minute.Those 3 mentioned above (and about 100 times in previous matches!!) have to be dropped if we are serious about challenging for wins at Rio.

The last 5 mins were frantic as we took off our keeper and really stepped up our intensity. We had 3-4 chances and a goal disallowed. Hope we display this kind of energy at Rio.

Overall, a slightly disappointing showing, especially the 2 losses. Now, it's up to the selectors to com to their senses.