10th Asia Cup 2017 - Bangladesh

A forum to discuss Indian hockey and the disarray it is in despite the promising new professional PHL series.

Moderator: Moderators

Omkara
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: 9th Asia Cup

Post by Omkara »

Interestingly till now India has conceded only one goal on this tournament. That too against Bangladesh where the captain converted a penalty corner
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

OK, I withdraw the word "miracle" :p . I only used it in the context of what Oltmans is achieving...and to express my joy at the terrific 2-0 scoreline against the hosts. (Malaysia are tigers at home).

What I really loved was Oltmans' annoyance at the 9-1 scoreline against Bangladesh. He was upset we conceded that goal, and felt that 9-1 wasn't good enough. This is the right spirit!!
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

ssp wrote: I don't know why Oltmans is not appointed the full time coach. I suspect the thinking is that he will be a defensive coach, but don't care how we play, so long as we get decent results and show long term improvement. Sign him for next 2 years at least.
I would get a defensive coach right away. Sign him. I will take 0-0 draws against the top teams anyday. And, our players will figure out a way to score against Bangladesh's.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

The final against Korea is at 8pm local time (5:30pm IST). I am hoping to watch on TV, unless something happens to the channel (which is now available, and will hopefully remain so at 8pm).
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

2 goals by Korea within 1 minute. 28th min PC and then an FG. 0-2 behind. Jay
ssp

Post by ssp »

Korea score first after a tight 25 mins of the first half.

Amit Rohidas made a rash tackle in our D and gave away the PC. He has been error prone in all matches....oh noo..while i was typing this, we concede a 2nd...curtains now. Dreadful defending by Birendra and Sreejesh. I was keen to see Rohidas in the team, but unfortunately, he has been a let down.

Time to go away. From what I have seen, we will not get many chances. So many of our players lose the ball needlessly. All the forwards look too weak. So many times the ball control is appalling. Dharamvir, Gurmail, Malak have lost the ball every time.The same culprits are showing their ineptitude. No one seems capable of creating a dangerous move.

Heads could go down and we could end up being thrashed. Don't know how Oltmans can turn this around. There was not much to chose between the teams, but if a match is going to be decided by PCs or mistakes then we will lose every single time.
ssp

Post by ssp »

We pull it back to 2-2 and I was just about to say that we need to calm down and keep it tight for the next 10 mins...but guess what, we concede a PC straight away!. Come on keep this out guys..leads to 2nd PC
NOoo. PS conceded. Why the f**k can't we keep calm and be sensible after scoring. Idiotic mistakes.
3-2 down. Can we come back again?? Need to calm down

12 mins left to rescue this.
Last edited by ssp on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

damn our players seems to get over excited just when they need to calm down...now down 3-2 after coming back from 2-0 down...
ssp

Post by ssp »

3-3...wow. Now please calm down you fools. Just keep the ball. Probably too much to ask for.

No...lunacy wins. Idiotic defending by the sloths. PC to Korea.

As expected, we concede. Want to shoot the bas**rds at the back. Just maddening shit. Want to puke up at the utter lunacy. Any goal by us is bound to lead to stupidity at the back. Korea did not have to do anything special to win this as our idiotic players gifted them PCs just when it mattered. :mad:

There is a fundamental weakness in all our players. Namely they have no brain power. Headless chicken. 2nd place here means jackshit when we play such crazy, dumb hockey. I have come to the conclusion that no matter which coach and players we select we will always lose matches because we lack intelligence! The manner of the defeat is so disheartening. Just 2-3 minutes of calm is beyond these fools. :damn: :damn:
Last edited by ssp on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

stupid umpire..
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

we concede again, wtf :damn:
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

too many soft errors from our guys resulting in pretty much all of Korean goals, in the end lost 4-3....dont they have a referal system in place for Asia Cup ? that last PC decision was as stupid as it can come....

Just dont understand why these guys cant keep calm for 5 mins :damn:
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

bad defending in not being able to trap the ball in the first place, which created these PCs. :mad: however, Aus umpire's decision was appalling. don't they have TV umpires in this tournament?

overall, unlucky to lose a closely fought match but overall I will say Korea was the better team in taking advantage of the opportunities that came their way :-~
akmohanty

Post by akmohanty »

the commentators were saying that India will have to wait till the outcome of Oceania Cup. In the unlikely scenario that neither Aus nor NZ win, they may still not qualify and the winner of Oceania Cup qualifies. Is that right?
ankit1407

Post by ankit1407 »

Yes thats true....we will only know in November...