Have any Qs from Sports Admin - Ask

A forum to discuss Indian hockey and the disarray it is in despite the promising new professional PHL series.

Moderator: Moderators

sportsmaster

Post by sportsmaster »

I am getting to meet sports administrators (Cricket, Hockey-Mr.Gill, Soccer & Tennis) in a conference. If you have (any Qs or queries regarding the game, to be asked from them please itemate me, as i will ask the same from them & forward it to you.

regards
sportsmaster
PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

For KPS Gill: Why are Indian hockey players punished when they bring glory to the country -- rather than being feted? (I am referring specifically to the cases of Ashish Ballal and Dhanraj Pillay after India's gold medal at the 1998 Asiad, and to most of the team -- esp. Dhanraj and Baljit Dhillon -- after India won the Asia Cup and Afro-Asian Games in 2003). The horrendous treatment of heroic players invariably destroys these potentially-great teams.
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Question: With the recent emergence of sports personalities like Sania Mirza, Narain Karthikeyan is the media now looking at covering a greater variety of sports and was the PHL a step in this direction and how do you see the face of Indian sports coverage changing from its cricket focus?

Question: Now that you have been in charge of Indian Hockey for quite a while, and there seems to be TV coverage as well a mjor sponsorship what do you think is holding back development and progress of Indian hockey and what steps are you taking to address those needs?

I'll think of a few more and write those down as well.

PS: Thanks for this
mugu
Authors
Authors

Post by mugu »

Question to Mr. Gill:
1) Did Tejbir Singh test positive for steroid nandrolone? If yes, why have you not initiated any proceedings against him? Did you report the matter to the FIH?
2) Does the IHF believe in dope-testing players? What is IHF's present anti-doping policy? Do you have plans to introduce testing at the National level? What will be IHF's future policy?
3) Will he stick to his promise and not contest for IHF President in 2006?
Thanks.
PS: Take good cover when you ask the first question.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

Soccer:

What are the short-term and long-term plans to revive Indian football? What concrete steps will be taken to make sure that these plans will work?

Hockey:

When will the new coach be selected for the Indian team? What are IHF's plans to make hockey more popular and easily available to the Indian children (under 15 years of age)?

Thanks for asking for our input.
mugu
Authors
Authors

Post by mugu »

Just stumbled back onto this thread after a long, long while. Wonder what happened to sportsmaster.
Did you get to attend the conference. Or did the supercop put a sniper on you even before you entered the conference hall?
Or did they discuss trivia (as they often do) and you got put off and walked out before asking the questions!