FIH Men's Pro League

A forum to discuss Indian hockey and the disarray it is in despite the promising new professional PHL series.

Moderator: Moderators

ssp

Re: FIH Men's Pro League

Post by ssp »

We have 4 more matches left in the Pro league. Away to Netherlands and Belgium. Both will field their strongest teams and let's see how we fare in those games.

Yesterday's game was close. Although we dominated, our finishing wasn't great. Germany had a few chances too.

We have introduced a few new players. Abhishek, Shilanand and Jugraj have been pretty good and have strengthened the team in attack and PCs options. Sukhjeet and Rabinchandra have have been fine too. I'm hoping all of these players get a fair chance to show their potential. There are a few other U21s-Maninder, Sudeep Charmako, Utham Singh, Vishnu Kant and Sanjay- that I'd like to see given their debuts. Perhaps we'll see them at the CWG.

PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by PKBasu »

What a sight to gladden the heart of a long-suffering fan of Indian hockey. India on top of a world hockey competition!!

https://tms.fih.ch/competitions/1295

We have 27 points from 12 matches, having won 8 of those matches. Admittedly, Holland have done about as well -- 4 wins from 6 matches, but they will need to sustain that win/game record over their next 6 matches to surpass our points total.

ssp

Post by ssp »

Yes, it's good to see us at the top of the table in both men's and women's Pro League.

However, we have been inconsistent and are being flattered by Germany sending a B team recently (6 points ) and relatively easy matches v. RSA and France. We have dropped points with bad losses v France & Spain. I reckon we need 4 points out of the next 4 matches to play off in the final. This may not happen as we're away to the Netherlands and Belgium.

The women too have been helped by playing an U21 German team and 3rd XI side from the Dutch and 6 points by England's forfeit.