international football

General Discussion on Indian Football.

Moderator: Moderators

murlikt

How to improve Indian Football

Post by murlikt »

Amr090 you are right we do need good goalscoring men and yes many big clubs have foriegn forwards but still dont worry yaar India will produce good strikers soon. Look at Yadav, Zirsanga, and even Rahim Nabi they are playing more club matches. Even if theyare not tall, like Jorden said there is other ways, Zirsanga scored against Kuwait and did well in Singapore.

I believe Constantine not flexible, like Jorden says he is wasting good players like we saw in Santosh trophy. Gurjit Atwal, Abdul Naushad, Narendra Singh scored goals and other players did well but because they are not from NFL clubs he ignores. He should at least give the chance its not like we dont have goalscorers. Also i cannot say these players are better than the national team strikers but Constantine has not selected new players even after losing badly. I cant believe no Kerala players are selected, even when they beat players from the India team.

Amr090 is right he says if you dont score you dont win but also Cnstantine has many options he is ignoring. All pray bhagwan, buddha nanak, jesus, allah india can one day beat Japan and Oman 7-0!
amr090
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by amr090 »

murli i def. agree with your point that the coach should inject some new blood into the national team. the old has beens that have been used for the past few years, especially at the striker position have done very little, the yadavs, biswas' have really been huge disappointments.

i hope he will pick some of the players that did well in the santosh trophy for the upcoming pak tour. on the bright side he is now playing a young team made up of younger U21 players on the national team. in fact its the younber players that beat kuwait and drew oman. so perhaps we will see some changes.
murlikt

Post by murlikt »

Yes this is right its good to see young players do well for India. I only see the news reports and the live matches on this website but i have a feeling Habibur Rehman Mondal is becoming a great player, and there are more players. Have anyone seen Habibur playing? even Debratra Roy and Jerry Zirsanga has done well and this team has experienced players like Deepak, Venkatesh, Renedy, etc.

Dou you think any of these young players can play in international clubs? I hope maybe Habibur and even the older players can maybe play in the Gulf, Singapore, maybe even Japan/Korea. When India beats Kuwait and these countries maybe the player wil attract attention overseas?
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

murlikt wrote: All pray bhagwan, buddha nanak, jesus, allah india can one day beat Japan and Oman 7-0!
Lets stick to talking about our lifetimes... i doubt our children will see that scoreline in our favour
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Let's just concentrate on raising our Asian rank -- which means we must be able to beat the likes of Oman regularly, not just be satisfied with a draw -- before we aspire to BIG wins over Japan, Oman, etc!
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Lets stick to talking about our lifetimes... i doubt our children will see that scoreline in our favour
hahaha :rofl:

well u never know vkd...praying to every known god like that could help. yeah i agree with pkb, before we can think about japan and korea...the class of asian soccer lets try to even beat the mid level countries consistently.
murlikt

Post by murlikt »

Maybe i got excited ;) Still if we have passion for India football we must aim higher. I hate ppl saying Indian players cannot play football it is wrong. One day football will give chance for poor people in India to make money overseas, like in Brazil. Outside India cricket is not so big, football is always no 1.

I think in 2006 in the Asian games in Qatar, India will do well. It is a u-23 tournament but our national team is young and every time we beat countries like Kuwait we will have respect. We will not beat Japan Iran but like you say we can beat mid level countries
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

if i were coach, i woul be setting targets for how we move up in te world rankings year by year ..... maybe reach the top 40 in 10-12 years ..... we need to take thing 1 step at a tim you cant expect to go to the top from nowhere
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

i agree murli, far too many times you see indians settling for less, or being satisfied with meiocre performances. To be the best and excel at anything you have to take the attitude that the only goal is to be the best, anything else is considered unstaisfactor and a loss. Indians tend to have the attitude "oh at least we gave it a good fight" but if you look at champions anywhere they take nothing less than victory.
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

amr090 wrote:i agree murli, far too many times you see indians settling for less, or being satisfied with meiocre performances. To be the best and excel at anything you have to take the attitude that the only goal is to be the best, anything else is considered unstaisfactor and a loss. Indians tend to have the attitude "oh at least we gave it a good fight" but if you look at champions anywhere they take nothing less than victory.
but we arnt champions, wee nedd to aim high but not try to accomplish impossible tasks of beting japan/oman 7-0 ... thats what gets us down ... we indians either expect too much and loose out or expect too little and loose out
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

champions werent champions till the accomplished their goal. ...but even before they became the best, what made them the best was that drive, desire and ambition. i'm talking about the mental makeup of those who become great. i think you have to set high goals for yourself even though at present they may not be realistic. but the main key is working for whatevre those goals are tirelessly, ceaselessy, and with singular focus. that kind of drive and determination is lacking in most indian athletes.
nnipp

Post by nnipp »

When is the AIFF going to get off there ass and do what they say. They said they would create an "A" national team squad using U-23 players after the Santosh Trophy. What happened? They said that they would keep national team players from getting exhausted from meaningless club matches outside of the NFL. They also said that they would bid for the 2007 FIFA U17 World Cup. The deadline to submit the bid was Dec. 1 and I have not heard if the AIFF actually submitted it.
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

the amusing part is theres really no way to get in touch with these head honchos in anyway. i came across the aiff contact info and none of these guys even have emails and theres no general email to write to the aiff either.
vkd_1717

Post by vkd_1717 »

thats the problem in india, we have the potential to great thing but the ordinary people cant contact the people in charge
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

The problem gets even worse when you do find the contact information because some people refuse to reply to your question or suggestion. I think the present Indian football coach has replied many times to amr090 via e-mail, however. AIFF and Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) are similar in ignoring the fans.