Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

How to improve Indian Football

Post by jayakris »

Hey, IHF did send a reply to me once, when I emailed them about their website...

Jay
BSharma
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by BSharma »

When I contacted IHF with both my compliments and suggestions I received a blank.
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

bsharma, thats a really good point...the indian national coach replies to fan emails, but the leaders of AIFF refuse to have (or publish) any type of contact information. the arrogance with which these guys behave is mind boggling. all these heads and bureacracy of indian sports bodies feel like they know whats right for their sport and refuse to take ideas from anyone. either that or they simply are content to keep the status quo.

if you want people to watch your sport or make the sport grow a certain amount of interaction between the managing body and fans has to be there. the best example is the NBA, they are the biggest and most successful sports organization in the world. despite being so large the amount of stress on fan support and fan interaction is huge. when these indian heads will realize that growth only happens through the exchange of ideas is beyond me.
nnipp

Post by nnipp »

Yes, Constantine has also kindly replied to the e-mails that I have sent to him. I wouldn't even try to e-mail anyone in the AIFF because I know they won't listen. The problem is that all of the people who run Indian football are too much alike ( stubborn, arrogant, ignorant, greedy).
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

haha i think the same can be said for most heads of indian sports...
david

Post by david »

My mails to Mr Colaco always bounce back!!
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

yeah they conveniently list no contact info for anybosy. probably because they know they are going to get tons of emails from people pblasting them!
barguarate
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: international football

Post by barguarate »

What is the connection between football and gladiators? My teacher said I should write about football (American Football) and gladiators as my senior project since I love sports. I watched Any Given Sunday recently and they showed clips of gladiators in the one scene. However besides this reference I have had a rough time finding any more connections. Can somebody please give me a link with the two being compared or a book/movie i can read/watch? Thanks!
shibi

Post by shibi »

Russia and Qatar won their bids to host the FIFA World Cup in 2018 and 2022 respectively. Huge disappointment for the English and American fans. I was expecting the 2022 cup to go to Japan. It will be a chance for Indian fans to watch the world cup in 2022 considering Qatar's proximity.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Qatar was favorite to win 2022 FIFA World Cup hosting but Russia's selection over England is huge surprise ... So again England need to go through their typical nail-biting qualification process in next 3 world cups, they r still waiting for automatic qualification and I think that will not happen before 2030 ... ;-)
Prem

Post by Prem »

jaydeep wrote:Qatar was favorite to win 2022 FIFA World Cup hosting but Russia's selection over England is huge surprise ... So again England need to go through their typical nail-biting qualification process in next 3 world cups, they r still waiting for automatic qualification and I think that will not happen before 2030 ... ;-)
Jaydeep - I dont think England want to host the World cup, so they can get in automatically.
England invariably qualifies but dont do that well in the Finals.

However, England coming 4th in a 4 team contest to host 2018 WC was a big surprise.
England was touted as last minute favourites and ended up 4th with just 2 of the 22 votes :damn:
That was a shocker........coming last.
Next turn for Europe is 2030 and England will again fight out with Spain/Dutch etc.
il_fenomeno

Post by il_fenomeno »

Indian businessman buys Racing Santander (TOI)

So now Indians own two football clubs in Europes top leagues. I hope they will use their know-how to develop football in India in the future. Of course, their first aim is to make money....
usaindian

Post by usaindian »

atleast blackburn wants to start i-league team blackburn pune rovers
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Interview of Indian businessman Ahsan Ali Syed, who is expected to complete takeover of Spanish Club Racing Santander on Monday.

Indians driving football market: Businessman Ahsan Ali Syed
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Nice article by Liverpool fan about Manchester United's manager Sir Alex Ferguson, which is published in the Time issue.

More than Manchester