Rush Soccer Mumbai

General Discussion on Indian Football.

Moderator: Moderators

Husain
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Rush Soccer Mumbai

Post by Husain »

Rush Soccer, the Largest Youth Soccer Club in the World arrives in India.

PRESS RELEASE

MUMBAI, May 3, 2012:
In a move that bodes well for the future of all young and aspiring football players in the city, Rush Soccer, USA, the Largest Youth Soccer Club in the World, will partner with Steadfast Football Academy, Mumbai with the objective of providing a globally proven, affordable player development program in Mumbai, India. The objectives of the new partnership, between two NGOs, passionate about promoting the sport of football, will be called Rush Soccer Mumbai, and will also include promotion of players, education of coaches and scholarships to talented and deserving players.

This was announced by Elvis Goes, Director of International Business Development, Rush Soccer, along with Vinod Nalawade, Director Steadfast Sports and Adventure Academy and Dennis Fernandes, C.E.O. Hon. of Steadfast Football Academy.

Rush Soccer based out of Denver, Colorado, USA, with the addition of Rush Soccer Mumbai, has 46 partners -- 27 U S based partners and 21 international Partners with a of total 40,000 plus memberships. The goal for each partner is to become number one in their respective states/countries. Rush Soccer is growing corporation with a mission to provide the finest soccer experience possible to players of all ages and abilities

Elvis Goes, Director of International Business Development, Rush Soccer, who was instrumental in bringing the two NGOs together, said, “I see the value that both parties can bring to each other. Rush Soccer is an international corporation with experience in club development and Mumbai has a tremendous amount of existing talent, both in their staff and player pools.

“I feel Indian footballers need a time tested and proven system, with consistency in its execution plan and the Steadfast Football Academy and Rush Soccer USA, can bring this to pass. I also, know that such a system has not been implemented in India at the youth level with proper checks and balances as Rush Soccer will provide to Steadfast Football Academy, and someone out there in Mumbai will definitely benefit from this partnership,” Elvis added.

Elvis was born and raised in India and is a USSF A license football coach. Having lived in both continents he understands both cultures intimately.

Vinod Nalawade, Director SSAA founded the Steadfast Football Academy in 2007 with a mission to Encourage, Educate and Empower, with a goal to provide grass root training to the elite player development program. Within a short span of four years, Steadfast trained players have represented the State, I League Jr. Teams and Schools at prominent tournaments. Mr. Kundan Chandra, Technical Director Football and Chief coach is an AFC ’B’ Certified coach and AIFF D certificate coach instructor and has more than 15 year of playing experience at almost all levels and has coached the State Junior Boys & Girls team.

Dennis Fernandes, C.E.O. Hon. of Steadfast Football Academy stated, "I am very proud of this opportunity to be able to give the children of Mumbai an international football training experience that they will cherish for rest of their lives. The Indian kids are talented and intelligent, and it is amazing, what a worldwide proven football development program can bring to these kids."

The objective of the tie up is to provide “Globally proven, affordable player development program in Mumbai, India. Rush Soccer will provide support in a variety of categories: coaching exchanges, player exchanges, guest playing opportunities, on-line coaching education, sharing of intellectual property, sponsorship arrangements, etc. The categories are vast and the Rush clubs benefit from each by what each and every partner brings to the table.

“I am elated,” Tim Schulz, President & C.E.O. of Rush Soccer says. “India is a super addition to the Rush Family. I don’t think the world, until lately, has recognized what a great player pool this county has. The players have some unique qualities within their culture such as, tenacity, intensity, humility to name a few. They have a purpose and a plan in what they do. Yes, I am ecstatic.”

Highlights of the Partnership
• Training program from Rush Soccer, USA
• Elite Player Development Pathway from Rush Soccer
• Online coaching education access to Rush Mumbai Coaches
• Rush USA staff to visit India to conduct coaching course of Rush way of Soccer in October 2012
• At least one Indian football player from Rush Mumbai will get an opportunity to travel USA for residential training and exchange program

Rush Mumbai will be launched with a Mission: India U17 @ 2017
Under this Mission, Rush Mumbai hopes to developing Elite U-17 players by 2017 for Team India to support India’s bid to host the U-17 football World Cup.

Step 1 – Talent Scouting
• Free Camp / Skill Contest / Tournament / Video Upload
• Each Age group team will have minimum 30 boy players
• Each Batch will have 10 seats free of cost for deserving students from economically weak section. (If more deserving players are identified the number of places will be increased)
• The balance seats will be charged to take care of the operational cost.

Step 2 – Training
• Globally proven Rush Methodology
• Rush US coach’s training program
• The players will be signed up for 5/6 year plan

Step 3 – Exposure
• Best player to be trained in US
• The players registered for U12@2012 team will be U17@2017. They will be provided Globally proven RUSH way training and exposure support for Mission 2017@India U17 Team. The US residential training to the talented player will give the required boost to speed up the players’ skill acquisition and will be in ideal position for selection for State / National team by 2017.

For more information, please contact:

Dennis Fernandes, CEO, Hon, Steadsfast Football Academy
+91 9833382724