Re: Development of football in India

Post by il_fenomeno »

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by jaydeep »

16 yrs old Uttam Rai is set to do a 6-month training at the Colorado Rush Football Academy, USA.

India Under-16 prodigy Uttam Rai set to train at an Academy in USA
il_fenomeno

Post by il_fenomeno »

bruegman
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by bruegman »

India development of football. I think the attitude of low uncertainty
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

This article is for Jay about state of football in Kerala as opposed to Goa -

If Goa can, why not Kerala?
It’s not hard to see why Kerala has lost the big race in football while Goa and Bengal have managed to stay strong.

“I would say it’s because of lack of tournaments and lack of grounds. I am shattered to see an empty stadium for such a big game,” said T.K. Chathunni, who once coached some of the country’s top clubs, during the Federation Cup semifinal here the other day. “Where will our children play if we don’t have good grounds?”

All the teams which played the Federation Cup shunned the hard, grassless grounds offered for practice, saying it could lead to injuries.

When poor training grounds are offered to the country’s biggest clubs, one can just imagine the sort of pitches our children play on.

“But I wouldn’t blame the Kerala Football Association for this,” said Chathunni. “It is the Kerala Government’s responsibility to build stadiums and offer good grounds for youngsters.”
sameerph
Moderators
Moderators

Post by sameerph »

Mizoram won their first Santosh Trophy title ( nationals) last week .

This is a nice article on this -

Mizoram’s Santosh Trophy win showcases wonders of planning

Nice to states like Mizoram getting better in Football like some other states in North East like Sikkim , Manipur etc. Perhaps, if those states along with Goa, Bengal, Kerala can produce some good players there could be light at the end of the tunnel for Indian Football or perhaps I am hoping too much. :D
suresh

Post by suresh »

The TN team which lost to Mizoram in the SF were allowed to fly back to Chennai thanks to their good showing. They must have made a long train trip to Siliguri on their way to play in the Santhosh Trophy. I can only hope that they were permitted to travel 2AC.

This is truly annoying and shows that there is very little support for the players. One would like to think that 2 day train journeys in sleeper class would be a thing of the past, at the very least, for teams playing in the country's top football tournament.

Update: Here is a news item that I managed to dig out -- the onward journey was a lot worse than I imagined. Chaotic travel plans for TN team
mann

Post by mann »

I think no one is try to take the right step. In our country maximum people like cricket only. Football is out of the range of people minds. The condition of our national game "Hockey" are also worse. Neither Government or people are try to improve these kinds of sport.
mann

Post by mann »

I don't know the exact reason why other sports didn't get any place in India. people want cricket only. We have to take certain steps otherwise one day we don't even remember our national sports. :-( :-(
TempSaniaFan

Post by TempSaniaFan »

About a year ago a team of indian tribal girls participated in a touranment in spain and won bronze medal. Story from hindu.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/y ... 978797.ece

These grils are part of a program called yuva-india which claims to be the only sports oriented NGO in india. These girls will now be going to USA for a tournament.

You can get more info at http://www.yuwa-india.org/
TempSaniaFan

Post by TempSaniaFan »

Btw do see this video, especially the last part where there is some footage of these matches.

http://www.yuwa-india.org/2014/02/18/yu ... -to-spain/

Considering they are under 14(ok may be we have issue with the forged age but still) and in fact some are under 10, their basic skills seems good.
il_fenomeno

Post by il_fenomeno »

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Nice long video but it completely missed, as everybody does in India, the real issue. HOW MANY KIDS ARE SPENDING ENOUGH TIME PLAYING FOOTBALL from age 5 till 12. Don't just talk of the large number of kids playing it, and all the popular enthusiasm. Get the number of players who log even 300 or 500 competitive hours of football, and you will see how minuscule it is, and where the problem is. You will also see the reason behind that problem (which ALWAYS go unmentioned in all these analyses of what ails Indian football. And I will not mention it either, because I am sick of talking about it).

Till the problem is recognized, and dealt with, we will not get anywhere in world football. Not even top-15 in Asia, let alone top 75 in the world with a chance to make the world cup even from the weakest continent, Asia.
TempSaniaFan

Post by TempSaniaFan »

Facebook page of Yuva. https://www.facebook.com/MyYuwa
They won 1 drew 3 and lost 4 matches but won lots of hearts. You can see many videos of them in the page.
Omkara

Post by Omkara »

Sad news... Mhd. Sporting Club est in 1891 decides to shut shop after failing to pay salaries to players, staff and coach...