Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Indian Junior football

Post by jayakris »

I guess I will this thread back up. Have not had a lot of discussion here but we had a lot of discussion in the u17 world cup page about upcoming junior players. Let us use this thread from now on.

AIFF kept the u17 world cup team together as Indian Arrows in the I-League, with a few guys from the u19 team also thrown in. AIFF had Indian arrows in 2010-13 also (known as Pailan Arrows then, sponsored by the Pailan Group) with our u23 players, but they had a disastrous time in the I-League then and were disbanded. The Arrows are resurrected now. Luis Norton de Matos is the coach. Here is the Team:

GOALKEEPERS: Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem, Sunny Dhaliwal, Prabhsukhan Singh Gill.
DEFENDERS: Deepak Tangri, Ashish Rai, Boris Singh Thangjam, Sanjeev Stalin, Anwar Ali, Jitendra Singh, Naorem Roshan Singh, Sumit Rathi, Narender.
MIDFIELDERS: Abhishek Halder, Suresh Singh Wangjam, Amarjit Singh Kiyam, Rahul KP, Khumanthem Ninthoinganba Meetei, Nongdamba Naorem, Jeakson Singh Thounaojam, Namgyal Bhutia, Lalengmawia, Abhijit Sarkar.
FORWARDS: Edmund Lalrindika, Aniket Anil Jadhav, Rahim Ali.

The one who impressed everybody in our first match at the u17 WC, Komal Thatal, whom Norton didn't pay in the next two games, is not selected to the team. It is still a bit of a mystery why he was not played again, and why he is being left out of this team. His small size is what is rumored to be a reason. Meanwhile. he is supposed to be getting interest from European clubs etc, and also ISL...

Jay
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Guess what? These new Arrows seem to be sharp! Our kids started the I-League season in style, beating Chennai City FC today, 3-0 !!! Aniket Jhadav scored both the goals (assisted by KP Rahul and Lalrindika) and he assisted Boris on the third goal near the end of the game, to get the Rs 25K man of the match award. Dheeraj was his usual self under the goal too. I suppose these u17 kids are quite good!!! (https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... 852430.cms)

Meanwhile, Dheeraj has got a trial offer from Blackburn Rovers (India's U-17 goalkeeper receives offer from English club) ... I didn't know that Blackburn had fallen to 3rd division now. He has a trial offer from Motherwell FC of the Scottish league also.
Prashant
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by Prashant »

I would normally be thrilled with an offer from Blackburn or Motherwell, but given his age, it is vital that he goes somewhere he will PLAY, regularly. Go where there is a strong U18 and U21 and he us likely to get time with them.
Sin Hombre

Post by Sin Hombre »

Agreed, goalkeepers need to play a lot at this age.

Arrows seem to be a good initiative as long as the coaches are of standard.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Kerala Blasters of ISL were reportedly interested in Komal Thatal as of two days ago, but it seems they dropped the interest now, as they feel they cannot fit him into their starting side yet. I am not too disappointed, as Komal needs to play, and sitting on the bench with the talent-rich Kerala Blasters is not a good idea. It may be same with other clubs too, but FC Pune and Atletico de Kolkata and Pune City are still interested and Komal may pick one of those instead of the offers he has from UK and Turkey lower division clubs.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

The Kerala Blasters signed contracts with 4 of the recent u19 players - Suraj Rawat, Hrishidhath, Deependra Negi and Mohamad Rakip. (article)

I didn't know that Deependra Negi has been with CF Reus Deportiva of the Spanish 2nd division for over a year. Here is a video they made in Spain of the training he was undergoing.

It is great to see ISL clubs signing our top juniors. More ISL teams need to do what the Blasters are doing with their future plans, says the article above.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Komal Thatal to sign with ATK. http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/isl-2017 ... a9l7no3nge

I wish he had played in the I-League where he would've got to play a lot more. Hope he won't be riding the bench all the time at Kolkata in the ISL
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Our u16 team won a 4-nation event in Serbia. Seems like this was against egular u16 teams from Serbia, Tajikistan and Jordan. Not bad at all...

India U16s shine in Serbia!

They will be playing the Asian qualifiers this year, trying to make it to the Semifinals in Asia and qualify for the world u16 next year.
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Yes, moreover Tajikistan and Jordan r also qualified for the Asian qualifiers ... We defeated them convincingly.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

If you were impressed with Kroos' curving goal in the 95th minute to beat Sweden, check this out.
https://www.facebook.com/indianfootball ... 5570/?t=18

It is our own Sanjeev Stalin doing almost an exact goal against UAE in the 2016 u16 championships. I came to know if it from this News18 article.
munnabhai

Post by munnabhai »

I haven't posted on this forum in a while. I thought some of you might be interested in this Podcast (The Fan Garage Podcast) on Indian Football I came along on Youtube. Here is an example of one of their videos where they interviewed Indian Arrows Assistant coach Floyd Pinto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fczWrEoiWLM

These guys who run the podcast are very knowledgeable about Indian football and I'm kind of surprised they don't have many followers/views after doing close to 200 podcast episodes.
VReddy

Post by VReddy »

munnabhai wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:35 pm I haven't posted on this forum in a while. I thought some of you might be interested in this Podcast (The Fan Garage Podcast) on Indian Football I came along on Youtube. Here is an example of one of their videos where they interviewed Indian Arrows Assistant coach Floyd Pinto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fczWrEoiWLM

These guys who run the podcast are very knowledgeable about Indian football and I'm kind of surprised they don't have many followers/views after doing close to 200 podcast episodes.
Thank you for sharing! Really nice channel.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

munnabhai wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:35 pmI haven't posted on this forum in a while.
Good to see you! Thanks for the link. I think podcasts are not big in India. They need to get on whatsapp with some fake news. That is all that Indians care for.
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

lol :-) [it's actually sad]
munnabhai

Post by munnabhai »

jayakris wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:31 pm
munnabhai wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:35 pmI haven't posted on this forum in a while.
Good to see you! Thanks for the link. I think podcasts are not big in India. They need to get on whatsapp with some fake news. That is all that Indians care for.
Thanks Jay. Yea, I posted this podcast in my Whatsapp groups and I got 0 responses from family and friends. Indians have no sports culture (except for cricket) :oof: .

I figured the folks on this forum would be the most suitable demographic for their podcast. Happy that the post got two responses. :dance: