Indian Clubs news

General Discussion on Indian Football.

Moderator: Moderators

usaindian
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Indian Clubs news

Post by usaindian »

Piramals dream big for Pune FC

KUALA LUMPUR: The Piramals of Pune are Indian businessmen who believe in the huge potential of Indian football.

For the passionate Nandan Piramal, Indian football can achieve greater heights but the clubs need to shed their conservative mentality and play to their strengths.

"Indian football has got a lot of potential. I think the Indian clubs can play their part by setting up long-term targets and thinking broader,” the 28-year-old director of the newly-promoted Indian League club Pune FC told www.the-afc.com.

“They won’t improve if they opt to solely depend on the association's funding year after year. Indian football will also suffer as a result,"

Although this is easier said than done, Piramal is ready to take up the gauntlet. He wants Pune FC to set an example and act as a pioneer of Indian football’s “revolution”.

http://the-afc.com/en/member-associatio ... or-pune-fc
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

In shocking development Mahindra United annonced that they r disbanding team from the next season ... So after 48 yrs Mahindra r shutting down the team.

Mahindra is currently seating second in I League ... They have 27 players in senior squad, 25 of those players didn't have contract beyond this season so they can directly sign for other clubs ... Team also having 19 plyers in u-19 group and around 16 in u-16 group, these all players will be released by the team.

The I-League is supposed to have 16 teams next season ... Now Mahindra United is out then interesting to see how AIFF maintins that number ... AIFF said it will hold a meeting to decide on next year's line-up for the league.

48-yr-old Mahindra United to be disbanded

An Unprofessional Approach To The Game Could Have Led To Mahindra United's Demise - Pune FC And Former Mahindra United Coach Derrick Pereira
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Indian national team coach Bob Houghton's comments about Mahindra's decision to disbanding team after current season.

The Decision To Pull Out By Mahindra United Was A Little Too Early - Indian National Team Coach Bob Houghton
“I don’t know why they have done it but I do think that the decision to pull out is too early. They have some very good players and with foreign clubs showing an interest in Indian players, they could have earned from the transfer fees. By the summer, we shall have at least three players giving trials and possibly playing in foreign leagues. For the clubs to cash on the situation, they need to sign players on longer contracts.”
soccerphase
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by soccerphase »

Football enthusiasts in Kolkata show their emotional connection with the Champions League finalists...
soccerphase

Post by soccerphase »

Salgaocar Coach Karim Bencherifa Discusses The "Off Field" Issues Which Hampered His Team'

Salgaocar Sports Club find themselves at the bottom of the League table after a resurgent Sporting Clube De Goa pulled off some surprise wins off late. With another three matches to go, Goal.com caught up with Karim Bencherifa to probe his plans to save the season for the Goan side as they gear up to face Mumbai FC on Thursday.
For more information you go through my website
usaindian

Post by usaindian »

Breaking News: East Bengal Appoint Former Bolton Player Trevor Morgan As Coach For 2010-11 Season
Former EPL Player to take charge of red and golds

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/ ... ton-player
prasen9

Post by prasen9 »

usaindian

Post by usaindian »

only 5 clubs qualify for afc criteria
http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/ ... -licensing
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Interestingly 2 new teams Pune FC and Chirag United fulfilled mentioned criteria with JCT, Dempo FC and Churchill Brothers.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

-League is deferred once again

Start delayed for next I-League, but there does nto seem to be a huge problem or anything .. One thing in this article caught my eye -
Sources, however, indicated that there could be brighter days ahead, as two top industrial houses would soon be involved in running the fourth edition of the league. While one of them would work for the improvement of infrastructure, the other one may come in as the sponsor. The top officials of both the companies would be given important positions in the I-League committee.
Aha .. Finally somebody figured out that there is money to be made from building football stadiums. Heck, what took you guys this long? I guess there were other easy things like CWG to steal money from.. Jokes apart, I like it when the private industry gets into the act to make money from infrastructure construction. That way, something decent gets constructed. All the Indian government seems to have is money (oodles of it, seemingly!), but the politicians in our government only know how to steal and stash it away, and have no system to do anything else. I would rather have somebody else steal (oops... I mean make) some money and build something before the money goes in and stays put in some black money coffers. So, I hope to see some 4-5 stadiums constructed in the next few years. Praying for somebody to get all charged up with all the corruption possibilities there - and to build some football facilities!!

Jay
usaindian

more corporates into I-league

Post by usaindian »

Jindal, Dhoot chairman and vice-chairman, I-League panel (Sportzpower.com)

MUMBAI: In a landmark decision to involve more corporates in the I-League, the All India Football Federation has roped in Jindal South West Steel Group MD., Sajjan Jindal, and Videocon Group chairman Venugopal Dhoot as chairman and vice-chairman of the I-League committee respectively.

Both of them are known to be close to Praful Patel, head of AIFF.

While, Jindal Steel is associated with sports as a CSR activity of the group, Dhoot of Videocon was in the contention to buy one of the two IPL franchises when the league was being expanded to 10 teams by former IPL chief Lalit Modi. Videocon was also the WSB Delhi franchise owner till recently before it silently walked out of the league.

It may be recalled that on May 27, when SportzPower organised the Indian Football Forum, I-League chief honcho Sunando Dhar had said that there were many queries from corporates to get involved in the League, but had refused to be drawn into specifics. The latest developments confirm that statement.
PKBasu

Post by PKBasu »

Sourav Ganguly played his first professional football match for Mohammedan Sporting against East Bengal. Apparently, he did pretty well, making some deft passes, and almost scoring a goal:

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1101113/j ... 171842.jsp

Mohun Bagan won 1-0 against Sheffield FC, a club that plays in the Northern Premier League Division One South (several notches below the English Premier League proper).
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

PKBasu wrote:Sourav Ganguly played his first professional football match for Mohammedan Sporting against East Bengal.
That is very impressive. He's pushing forty & is still fit enough to play 60 minutes at a high level.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

Actually I have a feeling that if the Indian team drafted in Leander, even at age 37, he may score goals. Better than everybody we have after Bhutia and Chhettri, probably. Houghton should ask LP to quit tennis and try football for a year or two. You never know, he may even be interested. LP was considered one of the top football talents at a young age (and was even offerred to go to England by a club or something then, IIRC).

Jay
Prashant

Post by Prashant »

This is all more evidence that the best athletes in India take up other sports than soccer.