Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Indian Clubs news

Post by jayakris »

And Sunil Chhetri scored 2 goals to win the first Super Cup for Bengaluru FC. 4-1 over East Bengal.

Congratulations!! Jay
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Indian Clubs news

Post by jayakris »

Here is a very detailed 10-part news-opinion piece on a FIFA-AFC report (after a one year study) that tells AIFF what to do with the two league system and how to combine and form a single league in about a 4 years time. Well, the AIFF was trying to say that there was no such report, but the report got leaked anyway :) .... It is very interesting to read this 10-part summary article.

REVEALED - 10 suggestions and assertions in AFC-FIFA's I-League/ISL merger roadmap report that every Indian football fan should know

It looks like FIFA/AFC have put in their weight behind it and mandated some things, to force AIFF to go along. Forcing AIFF and the I-league clubs to blame FIFA/AFC and go along with this plan, rather than blame each other and get nothing done, might be the way forward, I guess... Hopefully IMG-R will also realize that this may not be financially bad for them and not come in the way either.