AIFF activities .. General Comments/ Rants ...

General Discussion on Indian Football.

Moderator: Moderators

usaindian
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: AIFF activities .. General Comments/ Rants ...

Post by usaindian » Fri May 25, 2007 2:00 pm

we need remove poltics from sports

murlikt

Post by murlikt » Sat May 26, 2007 12:59 pm

Amr090 luckily Sunil Chhetri is in the list, he won the NFL best player + best striker award this year. Samson should have been given a chance, compared to Kuttimani and Biswas. I think they also thought of safety when picking this list for example if you go by the form of the NFL this year then there are only 3 JCT players and even some of these players are outside the NFL or are part players.

The good thing is that at least most of the u-23 team are contracted but some might say the same players are still being selected even though India has lost many games with these boys. What about Baichung Bhutia? I thought he had retired. Hopefully Yadav can get fitness so that he can use his height

amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 » Sun May 27, 2007 5:55 am

Oh ok Chetri is there good....but Samson should have gotten a shot....it doesnt sense to me theyleave out the 2nd leading Indian scorer from a 42 man list! 

nnipp1

Post by nnipp1 » Sun May 27, 2007 7:12 pm

How did Ashim Biswas make this list?? He's like 5'6" and when is the last time he's scored a goal?!

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Bringing tis thread on AIFF back up ..

The latest ---

All India Football Federation's Headquarters Burgled By Thieves At Gunpoint

They steal TVs, brass fixtures, inverter batteries, etc ...

I think the burglers were upset at AIFF not setting up any international friendlies and decided to be unfriendly :)

Jay

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:14 pm

jayakris wrote:I think the burglers were upset at AIFF not setting up any international friendlies and decided to be unfriendly :)
:rofl: :devil: :rofl:

Very true, Jay.

soccerphase
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by soccerphase » Tue May 25, 2010 8:39 am

AIFF activies
AIFF is very slow in its activity because its run by politician of this india. for development of Indian Football AIFF should be run by any of our previous player
Thanks

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:21 pm

FIFA.com interiew of Praful Patel, as he visited Blatter at the headquarters -
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federatio ... ional+team

What I found interesting was his comment at the end that we will be building 5 or 6 stadiums over the next three years. As in, WHAT? How, where, whose funds? .. Nice to know, and it would be great if even one or two good stadiums are built..

Jay

il_fenomeno

Post by il_fenomeno » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:33 pm

AIFF plans to bring Barcelona, Chelsea and United
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 547811.cms

I think the AIFF should stopp dreaming. Without having any wordclass football stadium this sounds very unrealistic.

il_fenomeno

Post by il_fenomeno » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:42 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 547584.cms
Patel said AIFF was also looking to construct football stadiums in five places in the country.

" Karnataka government has given Rs 5 crore for the development of Bangalore football stadium. Then we are thinking of developing a stadium in Mumbai (now owned by PIL) and Ravindra Sarovar in Kolkata as we are negotiating the governments to give them for long leases.

"Then we are looking for having a stadium in Goa and Delhi. In Delhi, we have to take up the matter only after the Commonwealth Games. We want stadium which could be used wholly for football," he added.

The AIFF chief ruled out any Indian Premier League style football tournament in the country in near future, saying there was no infrastructure for holding such an event.

"Everything has to be seen in long-term perspective. Where is the infrastructure to hold such tournaments. If we fail in such hyped up tournaments that will cause more harm to the country," Patel said.
Hm, no stadium for football crazy kerala?

prasen9

Post by prasen9 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Rabindra Sarovar could be a good choice in Kolkata. The stadium is not a behemoth and is reasonably well connected with the rest of the city. I would have preferred stadiums in Punjab and Kerala instead of in Mumbai and Delhi.

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:14 am

By the way, we didn't talk much about AIFF's plans with the u-19 team that will be in the I-League this year. They have done well with that whole idea (which was from Houghton, who also recommended the coach for it). Des Bulpin is a really good selection by AIFF to run this. Anybody who groomed Peter Crouch from age 11, certaily gets props. Here is an article -

The curious case of Des Bulpin and the All Indian XI

The Indian Dream: Meet The Man Who Shall Mould The Future Of Indian Youngsters - Desmond Bulpin

Jay

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:56 am

Really this is very positive step taken by AIFF to groom youngster, we can really hope results from them around next Asiad.

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:06 am

We have not used this thread in a long time. But time to bring it back up.

News of high court nullifying the AIFF elections, and appointing former election commissioner SY Quereshi to be in charge of financial affairs till fresh elections are held - Court strips AIFF of financial powers

Meanwhile, FIFA, whi has been praising AIFF has apparently written to AIFF asking what is going on, and it could potentially lead to a ban - What AIFF can learn from Pakistan’s mistakes and prevent FIFA ban

I think the FIFA ban threat may be a bit of a scare tactics by AIFF, but it is bloody hell again. The usual one-step-forward-one-step-backward continues in Indian sports...

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:00 pm

Now AIFF has gone to the Supreme Court, basically crying that something needs to be done by next Tuesday when the world u20 bids are due, and playing scare tactic that we will get banned by FIFA (which actually does have a decent possibility). The supreme court agreed to hear the case this Friday, after first saying Monday.. http://www.ibtimes.sg/india-sc-hear-aif ... ndal-19565 .. But I doubt whether the SC would do anything too drastic to squash the Delhi HC decision earlier. We're screwed for a while, possibly, and at the mercy of FIFA.

Sharada Ugra gives a very good rundown of what happened in the disputed election, in the video at this ESPN article - AIFF goes to SC over Praful Patel election case, hearing on Friday

Basically, AIFF resorted to silly tactics like used at "housing colony elections", as Sharda Ugra put it (as alleged in the petitioner's case). If true, it is so pitiful. But we see sports administrators constantly do this. In every sports in India. Praful Patel was okay as a president and AIFF was doing alright, in my view. But they had to go and screw it up. From what we see, he probably would've won anyway. But Indians just cannot stay away from resorting to blatantly unfair (and often childish) politics in every Indian organization/institution, it seems. Mostly these are classless people who don't even mind others seeing their silly political moves which are transparent to everybody, and many even think that they won't be respected as strong-men unless they do these things. I am sure most of you have seen this kind of stuff in various organizations you have all dealt with. I have, both in India and here in the US. It is in the genes.