AIFF activities .. General Comments/ Rants ...

General Discussion on Indian Football.

Moderator: Moderators

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: AIFF activities .. General Comments/ Rants ...

Post by jayakris »

On the matter of who the upcoming players are,

.. the early evidence is that my complaint about the team selected above for the SAF games was probably not that far off.

India u20 has started with a 0-0 tie against the Afghan u23 and was held 1-1 by the Nepal u23 today.  Now we have to play Bangladesh, who I think will be pretty strong and we may not even make out of the pool in SAF games!! ..

Now, who is finding all these youngsters and saying they are the best we have? .. I don't want to go after the players, but if I am seeing such unbalanced team selection for a vast country like India, I at least need to see some really noteworthy stuff from the players.  I am sorry, I am not sold on the Northeast (not Bengal) as some sort of hotbed of football talent.

Akhmedov has been handling our juniors for quite a while, off and on.  He rarely seems to get criticized and our junior results have generally been at best OK and perhaps not terrible - and that is it.  Is he really helping in any player scouting at all? ..

I don't know if the Indian clubs themselves are ever going to spend money to scout young players well on a national basis and develop them.

Jay
Sandeep
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandeep »

India improved its ranking by 2 places :)
murlikt

Post by murlikt »

I think we have a reason to be worried now, because the India u-20 lost the semi-final to Sri Lanka in penalties, and in the playoff match they lost 0-2 against Nepal. Im sure Nepal and Sri Lanka are fast improving teams but we are supposed to be south asian champions and these are our future national players. It is not good. I dont know who can be blamed, but one thing is that it is NO EXCUSE to blame ground conditions or player injury because if Pakistan can reach the final in bad ground surface why the hell India cant? And if we cannot beat Sri Lanka which is ranked below us then maybe we should try look at Kerala players or any other players because its not good.

It is hard because Mr. Akhmedov has shown he is a good coach, also the team had many friendly matches beforehand, they had residential camp, also they had PIO players join, so how the AIFF take the results I dont know.

Also, our national team is not in a great shape, seems like professionalism is something that we dream of still:
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060826/a ... 659795.asp
I really hope India can improve in football but sometimes it can be frustrating
jorden390
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by jorden390 »

if there was a rivalry against india and pakistan im sure football wud have developed big itme!

and our ranking wud go up

sadly no rivalry among them too

have u realised? if pakistan plays well in a sport india seem to co pete with them and the ones they dont do well india too seems less interested to improve
jorden390

Post by jorden390 »

i see lotta regional praise in this column..

sad real sad i dont agree with any of you!

whoever is chose is chosen let the professional do their work?
anyway are you people even qualified to discuss it?

i trust bob houghton
jorden390

Post by jorden390 »

instead of sitting in front of the computer and blowing our tops!!

why dont any of us do something?

i guess...none are for the job so let them do wht they are and enjoying thmeselves..!!arrrgghh!!

none of us have the guts or the time to do so!
murlikt

Post by murlikt »

The only people that can do anything are the players, officials, and the media, and also sponsors. Only if a big rival comes and shows desire to take his job then you will see a story happening, but its the same with Hockey and other Olympic sports in India, nobody wants to change. The government can step in but cmon they are all together in politics. I am just hoping there is a big business tycoon or someone who will challenge the situation
murlikt

Post by murlikt »

This news about AFC boss Velappan urging India to become professional. Considering Velappan is born in India he will have personal interest in India. He must put pressure on the AIFF to change things. Whats the point of being professional when the president is working part-time and is a politician. It starts at the top, I dont see the AIFF asking for ideas from the Japan federation they only beg our PM to go ask for help in Brazil. They are paid for nothing

http://www.hindu.com/2006/10/31/stories ... 532000.htm
http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanheral ... 061030.asp
goan_star

Post by goan_star »

Das Munshi was in Goa to inaugarate the renovated Duler ground that is
entirely done by the hard working GFA, without even a penny from state or center or AIFF or FIFA. Cheers to them, they even have an alliance with Portuguese for youth development in Goa. Great guys, you really set an example for national level guys.(http://www.soccernetindia.com/modules.p ... e&sid=3549).

Out there the great Munshi-ji gave a big sermon on how schools, the miners of Goa, etc. should support football and develop it.
Can somebody ask him what he is doing through AIFF for football in India? What has happened to this 2014 project or is it planned for 20014? Is there any youth development programme stemming out from AIFF?
Down with Dasmunshi. Why he is still shamelessley there and not resigning, red-carded or being kicked out ?
Other politician-cum-sportmafia Kalamadi is heavily criticising the cricketing mafias for their recent debacles without realizing the extinsion of atheletics he has already casued in the country!!
Sports administration in India that is Bharat is a big joke!
murlikt

Post by murlikt »

Man what can be said...I agree with everything you just wrote

Indian sports is very underacheiving, for a country that is making fast progress. Yes parents do not encourage kids to be proffessional sportsmen, but Indians from poorer backgrounds also don't get the chance. And the administration is really sad when it is ok to be average, because these guys are powerful politicians they can hold the job. TYhe AIFF is not run like a proper administration, they are amateur and still they get paid. Nobody has the voice to change the president because he has the power and he can get votes for elections this way.

One thing to think abt is how Iran just got banned from FIFA because of govt interference in football there. I don't know if India applies but our game run by politicians and they are not letting the game develop like its potential. I hope FIFA takes action against the AIFF also, for the long term future.
goan_star

Post by goan_star »

MK,

Thanks for your response. I too agree with what you have said.
The bulk of Indian population has only complete apathy for sports. The Govt. is also not ready to encourage or  make sports as an Industry, just the way it is in other countries. For them the Cricket is the only sports, (and sports means cricket) even if the billionaire-lords-mafia guys get royally thrashed day in and day out. No one cares for other sports. 
So guys like Munshi, Kalmadia and Gill  et al. can run, rape, ruin and abuse Indian sports. What a shame. Come Olympic or world cup and everybody will start to talk, and after that back to square one. Now Beijing Olympics are coming and what are we doing? We will have a camp one month in advance and hope that the army shooter guy wins another medal for us like he did last time. Our bosses don’t seem to have realized that sports preparation is a continuous process.
A few guys here and elsewhere that are pissed off with the situation feel bad and cry hoarse, that’s all. I don't think with the present attitude, policy, infrastructure, we will be able to compete and win at the international level.

But I am optimistic someday our great nation will shine.
Last edited by goan_star on Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murlikt

Post by murlikt »

I am also optimistic...I dont know abt India making the WC soon but at least I think the standard will rise.

Look at how the politicians are getting involved in the cricket...they are using cricket to deflect their own problems, look at how our hockey team is selected, and we ask why we never win medals. I worry that the Delhi games will embarrass India and show the reality. If our shooters do not perform we will not get far. But like you say cricket seems to be the sport the politicians care abt because it brings them publicity.

We can never progress in football if the AIFF relies on FIFA, AFC, Nike, Zee, and state associations to do all the hard work. Nowadays you need full-time people to plan and run things, noty have a meeting every 3 months. What the GFA has done is very good, but the AIFF should be also doing it around the country. As you said the money is there just no initiative
murlikt

Post by murlikt »

This is great news, and if you are reading Arunava & IFSC team...thanks you. We will not know how Indian football would be without this team but I definetely think it would be worse off, plus many fans would not know Indian football existed:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_ ... 070003.htm

Lets hope something comes from this aggreement, I remember the last deal with Leicester was finished and if the AIFF realises it is a 2-way thing where you have to spend as well as recieve then it can work. German football can show our clubs how to be professional but the Japan FA has also done a similar thing to help but no real development.

Again it is a similar story, the clubs should make effort to go proffesional but also if the rules allow them to sign any foreign player and sack him after 2 weeks then we are not giving chances to our Indian players plus bringing low-standard foreigners. The NFL season is squeezed together they need to make it longer to give the players rest and play at supporter friendly times. The AIFF has to take example and make the clubs change by bringing new rules, ideas, and new people into the planning.

Whatever happens with the Germany thing at least the indianfootball guys will be there to help the Germans see the real situation, thats why this deal is probably even more exciting than the Brazil one
Insider

Post by Insider »

Great stuff Arunava!
jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jaydeep »

Great news and special thanks to Arunava & IFSC team.