AIFF activities .. General Comments/ Rants ...

General Discussion on Indian Football.

Moderator: Moderators

indiashining

AIFF activities .. General Comments/ Rants ...

Post by indiashining »

Saw the firt half of india-pak 3 rd soccer match - Pakistan up 2 -0 to india. My guess  India was playing worse than even any team played at NFL by any standars - striker Chetri touched the ball once in 45 minutes. I believe with the cureent coach and planning and management its not far we will have the lowest FIFA ranking in the world.
Last edited by jayakris on Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
indiashining

Re: AIFF activities .. General Comments/ Rants ...

Post by indiashining »

Wow great its 3 -0 now. wow I am glad with the score though, coach and management need a kick in their ass.
amr090
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Post by amr090 »

I agree with you indiashining...unless our play becomes so pathetic that its embarassment, the people at the aiff will do nothing to change things.

i am sure coach stephen constantine is laughing his ass of somewhere. the aiff needs to slammed for their pathetic management and coach selection.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

I agree with you indiashining...unless our play becomes so pathetic that its embarassment, the people at the aiff will do nothing to change things.
Arun, you are assuming that people in AIFF have some shame. :mad:
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Good point Bhushanji...I don't these guys really care whats going on in indian football rigth now. if they did theres no way it could have been allowed to slip to the pathetic levels it has.

these men are more interested in the power and prestige that comes with bein on the aiff. i'm sure they make several trips abroad for 'improving football in india'
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

Well this was not really the #1 Indian side but still surprisingly big loss. I was expecting them to lose the match but not this badly.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Evertybody in AIFF should simply resign, if they have any shame at all, but they don't ..

The coach should sure as hell resign. I don't care who it is, and I don't want any excuses. You are out. If you are not, you are slime.

Jay
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

Dhruv we had a lot of internationals on this team including the so called indian player of the year. losing to a team like pakistan is just pathetic. the level of ineptitude is displayed by the fact that we are closely ranked to the island of fiji. FIJI!!!!!!

Peopulation India: 1 billion.
Population of Fiji: 836,000

INDIA FIFA Ranking: 135
FIJI FIFA Ranking: 139

How is this even possible? How do you get shutout by Pakistan 3-0. I dont care if it's an under-21 team. Wow. I wonder what's next. Perhaps a 7-0 loss to Sri Lanka. WHat I cant understand is how we are ranekd 40 places below Rwanda! They dont even have food, government or running water yet we are ranked lower.

I wish I could have 20 min with the AIFF heads. :mad: :mad: :mad: :rant:
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dhruv »

jayakris wrote:Evertybody in AIFF should simply resign, if they have any shame at all, but they don't ..

The coach should sure as hell resign. I don't care who it is, and I don't want any excuses. You are out. If you are not, you are slime.

Jay
The President of the AIFF Mr. Priya Das Munshi just got re-elected recently and his term won't end until 2008. I don't think he is going to resign any time soon. The Coach of the new look Indian team is the newly appointed Sukwinder Singh as they just fired (or didn't extend the contract) Constantine because India didn't qualify for the final round of the World Cup. WTF were they expecting anyway.

I have long given up hope on Indian football. There is talent, but development and coaching absolutely sucks and as the football crazy Bengali's fill in the stands to watch the club game money keeps coming in and so the people in charge really don't give a damn. Anyway this could be very long and painful......
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

Yeah. Frustration... what else can we say?

Stephen Constantine would not have lost to Pakistan. Or he would have refused to play with a substandard team.

What frustrates me even more is that everyone of us here knew that this tour had absolutely no positive benefit and that based on our past record, all that would result would be shame and excuses in the end.

Jay
fsouza_in

Post by fsouza_in »

i remember having a chance to speak to one of our senior divison coach from a reputed club. coaching wise, he could only say "baggo". tactically dead. i have no idea, how we could improve if senior division coaches have no tactical sense. i am ashamed, we lost to pakistan. believe me, i love soccer, but i am ashamed of indian football. in fact bhaichung bhutia mentioned that indian soccer players were skillful. i bet show me one player who has a good touch, forget dribbling, just show me you can trap the ball perfectly. forget kicking. i mean show me one player in india and i include 'some peoples' favourite bhaichung bhutia, who has really good basics ie trapping, passing, shooting, dribbling anyone and believe me if we had that 1 extrta second that comes with good basics, we would have pumped in 15 goals and not lost 3:0.
indiashining

Post by indiashining »

I think its not the skills of players you require to win matches against Pakistan -To be honest there are enough players in India who have skills to compete at Asian level Alvito, Baichung, Gawali, Nabi etc etc... Also I believe if Constantine was there we would have easily win against Pakistan - so in a nutshell its the coach and management - and their vision and capability is the problem, not the players.
pindou

Post by pindou »

i really realy want to do something to india, we re 1000000000 indians why can't we win against our archirival???
Insider

Post by Insider »

amr090 wrote: WHat I cant understand is how we are ranekd 40 places below Rwanda! They dont even have food, government or running water yet we are ranked lower.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thanks, I needed that after this pathetic display.
pindou

Post by pindou »

but in afro asian games India beated Rwanda???