AIFF activities .. General Comments/ Rants ...

General Discussion on Indian Football.

Moderator: Moderators

amr090
Authors
Authors
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: AIFF activities .. General Comments/ Rants ...

Post by amr090 »

I agree with PKB's assessment, Dasmunshi is looking to cover his own ass and paint a glorious picture of indian football.  He knows if he shows Indian standards as they truly are then it is he who will look the fool, because he has been at the helm for so long.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

FIFA president Joseph Blatter visited the three big soccer clubs in Kolkata and later saw the match between Mohan Bagan and East Bengal.  It appears that the match was exciting and MB beat EB by 2 goals to 1 and Mr Blatter must have been impressed with the enthusiasm of the spectators.  The foreign players did the scoring although the Indian players had a hand in feeding the balls to the goal scorers.

Mohun Bagan beat East Bengal 2-1
Maidan, you're older than FIFA: Blatter
il_fenomeno

Post by il_fenomeno »

Interview with Blatter:
http://www.fifa.com/en/organisation/pre ... eid=135782

A first trip to India for President Blatter :
http://www.fifa.com/en/organisation/pre ... eid=135516

President aims to awaken 'sleeping giant':
http://www.fifa.com/en/organisation/pre ... eid=135835
Last edited by il_fenomeno on Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jayakris »

The latest fromBlatter's visit, as in The Hindu
'Win in India with India' launched
On the final day of his visit to India, FIFA President. Joseph S. Blatter, hinted that India could gain another grant of $400,000 for the third `FIFA Goal Project' it was entitled to
Now you know why AIFF was not worrying too much about spending some $100K on this visit.  Sometimes you have to throw money to catch more money ...
The AIFF President, Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi, in the opening remarks announced that the federation would install 100 Centres of Excellence across the country to scout for talent. "We would spot the talent and the bring them to the regional centers and nurture them," said Mr. Dasmunsi.
You know, despite allthe criticisms we have heaped on Dasmunshi, I am beginning to think that the man is seriously into it.  Basically he seems like a man who has "had it" with all the blame he has been taking, and really does want to do something.  You know what, I have great respect for politicians' abilities to get things done if they truly want to get it done.   He just might get it done ..

By the way, I have also been reading quite a few comments where people have beens saying that Dasmunshi may not be as much at fault, as a lot of state unit politicians who have been creating roadblocks to anything that AIFF has tried to do .... perhaps there is some truth to that too ..  Anyway, I don't care who gets the blame for the pathetic mess we are in now, if somebody or other gets us slowly out of it.

Here is the blame-game article from Jaydeep Basu though (but what he says seems accurate too!) - Football suffers as officials keep passing the buck - With India’s ranking falling fast, Fifa chief Blatter’s blast couldn’t have been better timed.

Like he says, Dasmunshi has to take the blame for not building the right team to get the job done in 19 years.  Hope he understands that and will do something about it.  Get guys like Arunava and Chris into the team, I say!

Jay
Last edited by jayakris on Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

AFC comes up with $1M in addition to FIFA money

AIFF gets extra $1m grant

If these guys give that kind of money, you can expect them to not sit idle either ..
“This grant will be independent of the project ‘Win in India with India’,” Mohammed Bin Hammam said. The money, he added, should be used for the Professional League, scheduled to kick off this October, and other developmental work. “We will certainly keep track of the development programmes here,” the AFC boss remarked.
And I had a chuckle at this line -
“Wake up AIFF. Put your assets together to develop football. Approach economic organisations and government, present your plan and go step by step for its realisation.” he added.
Whoa there .. He was really thinking of saying "get your asses off the couch", but changed to "putting your assets together" .. Funny to see the guy say, "wake up AIFF" at a function paid for by AIFF.  Well deserved humiliation, which won't hurt our cause!

Jay
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

The facilities at India's 'top' 3 clubs were so bad, that it made the AFC Chief Hamman remark that it doesn't see India make it to the World Cup in the next 100 years.  If it was that pathetic at these 3 clubs, I shudder to think about what the facilities are like at the 'lesser' clubs.
nnipp1

Post by nnipp1 »

Football, hockey lose status

Why stop promotion of the most popular sport in the world...lets be idiots and pour money into non-olympic sports that 19/20 countries don't play(cricket and kabaddi)...give me a break...India is the laughing stock of the world when it comes to sports and our government could care less...
Last edited by jayakris on Thu May 10, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSharma
Authors
Authors

Post by BSharma »

nnipp1 wrote: http://www.telegraphindia.com/1070510/a ... 757667.asp

Why stop promotion of the most popular sport in the world...lets be idiots and pour money into non-olympic sports that 19/20 countries don't play(cricket and kabaddi)...give me a break...India is the laughing stock of the world when it comes to sports and our government could care less...
Is it possible that Indian government is sending a message to chiefs of IHF and AIFF that they must clean up their acts or else ...?  Am I reading too much into it or are the Indian government Ministers are just plain dumb?
shibi

Post by shibi »

BSharma wrote: Am I reading too much into it or are the Indian government Ministers are just plain dumb?
I think it is the latter.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

I don't think Aiyar is dumb.   If I were the minister handing out taxpayers' money to the Gills and Dasmunshis who have behaved as though nobody can question them for years while the two sports have been made such pathetic laughing stocks of the world, I would probably do the same thing.  Cutting money is really the ONLY thing the government can do to these guys, to try to get them to show some accountability.

I wish the timing were better for the new-look hockey team which has just won a couple of matches, but Aiyar is doing something that one of the sports ministers should have done several years back.

I would expect it to be a short-term decision to establish control over the federations (and perhaps IOA too).  I don't think the current administrators of any of these groups, also politicians, are any better than an ELECTED minister.  For now, my support, on principle, goes to the minister rather than to guys who act like God gave them their jobs.  I assume that proper status will be restored fairly soon (after getting some explanations and plans of action at least), before too much damage is done to the two sports and the poor players who struggle.

Jay
Last edited by jayakris on Thu May 10, 2007 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

I like thinking big, and this qualifies as thinking big.  Go for the big fish and get them to set up something with us.   This is at the Prime Minsterial level.

Brazil to play soccer saviour Blueprint for India pact

Will be excellent if it all works out.   Somehow, Brazilians may have a better chance to understand Indians and our problems (compared to East/West European countries, USA, Australia, South Africa, and God-forbid, UK) ...  It is just gravy that Brazilians are the best at football.  Let us hope for the best.

Meanwhile, AIFF is all set to start the Professional League, scheduled to go for five months, Oct to Feb -
First professional league to start on Sept. 30

Jay
Last edited by jayakris on Wed May 23, 2007 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
amr090
Authors
Authors

Post by amr090 »

i think youre right....south american football is a lot more suited to the indian style of play...also the players are more close to indian physique...whereas european football is a lot more physical and less artistic...hopefully this can help us get good....
nnipp1

Post by nnipp1 »

Great News:

http://www.soccernetindia.com/fulldesc. ... ory_id=233

The national academy will be in Goa and 100 talent spotters will be trained to find players that meet Houghton's specs. This a great idea to keep our young talent well trained and un-corrupted by our lousy NFL teams who can keep signing their Africans. I'm sure the players under this system will get much better training, playing time and exposure trips rather then languishing with the club teams. I also bet that Houghton will make sure that physical stature be emphasized when choosing these kids.
jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Post by jayakris »

What is the incentive for the talent-spotters? -- the ones who bring in great talents will then get to manage those players and get a commission from the players' earnings later?

If not - this will not work.  Period.

Jay
indiashining

Post by indiashining »

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstor ... sid=237765

Looks like lots of plans, Who is going to review if the plans are getting implemented? I dont think AIFF will do that, It will be great if some corporate house gets involved and help manage professionally indian football.