Asian Cup

General Discussion on Indian Football.

Moderator: Moderators

sunnyd
Please enter the middle number: 1

Asian Cup

Post by sunnyd »

India should try and bid to the host the Asian Cup.

Besides, getting automatic qualification (since they are currently incapable of going through their qualifiers), they could build world class stadiums in Calcutta, Goa , Kerala and maybe New Delhi. Since football is already popular in the first three places, the new stadia would be of immense value in the further development of football in India.
murlikt

Asian Cup

Post by murlikt »

It will be great if India can host the Asia cup, especially since indians will be exposed to top international sides and it is a real tournament not a friendly match. I think India has a good chance to host, also China and maybe a country like Malaysia/indonesia. And India can do well, look at greece yaar anything can happen.

Speaking of greece, lets hope Baichung can win a contract in greece. Do you think Baichung will help india more by playing overseas or playing in india, so he is closer to his india teammates and coach?
sunnyd

Asian Cup

Post by sunnyd »

Has any Greek club shown interest in Bhutia? It seems highly unlikely. I don't think Indian football has registered on the European football radar yet.

Bhutia (& some of our promising youngsters) should also try to get into a Japanese club if possible. It is one of the most competitive leagues in Asia & there are many foreigners playing in it too. Much better than wasting their time in the NFL. And if they do well, they might even get an opportunity in Europe since many Japanese players now play there. I think this a more realistic approach of getting into Europe than directly trying out for European teams.

And I don't think playing for second and third division European clubs help. Might as well just continue playing in the NFL.
murlikt

Asian Cup

Post by murlikt »

no because stephen constantine is from cyprus he has contacts from his former clubs. It said on one website baichung and mahes gawli were offered trials by one greek club through constantine. I tell you if Indian players wanted to get contract in japan, they should have played better tnan losing 7-0!! maybe if east bengal does well in the asia cup and maybe other clubs do well overseas then they will get attention.

This month east bengal plays in england, maybe they can do well and get attention. i hope!!!
jorden390

cyprus

Post by jorden390 »

he aint going to Greece hes going to AEL Limmassol cyprus super division they came 4th this yr

jeez !!who was that guy who said they arent even into the european market? what u know abt indian soccer anyway man?

and people come to india to know abt india rather than jus sit butt tight ther

good luck baichung i think EB will be better off coz ull get the LCFC chance matey but nothing like goin to cyprus
PKBasu

Asian Cup

Post by PKBasu »

It's a crying shame that some 20 Asian countries are now participating in the Asia Cup, and the Indian team isn't...
Indonesia pulled off a big upset by beating Qatar (who promptly sacked their French coach).
Dhruv
Administrator
Administrator

Asian Cup

Post by Dhruv »

Well, they tried to qualify but failed. Maybe next time.
prasen9

Re: Asian Cup

Post by prasen9 »

Stimac says we are the favourites from our group in the Asian Cup qualifiers. We are supposed to play a friendly against Belarus in Bahrain but that may be canceled due to geopolitical reasons. If the match happens, we will be without Chetri. Article